Thursday 26 March 2009

Virgin Media is attempting to bleed me

Add to Technorati Favorites

We have the Virgin Media package at home - telephone, broadband and TV - it does the job but is apparently more expensive than Sky, which is a shocker considering how satisfied all of my friends are with the Sky offering.

In contrast, Virgin Media has been an absolute pain from the get-go. The customer service is shocking, the TV service is unreliable, the phone line is sometimes crossed and the inferface looks like it has not been updated since the acquistion of NTL; this is not even mentioning some of the ridiculous clauses in the Ts and Cs. However, after months of problems the service settled down and so did my feelings toward it - I accepted it, I thought it was ok, I didn't want to change.

Until yesterday. In through the postbox comes a letter notifying us that all of the prices are going up. How very dare they?? I am absolutely outraged by this considering Sky are doing super deals at the moment, including free provision and installation of dish and box.

And so Virgin Media, with one piece of paper you have destroyed a year's work of reputation reconstruction and probably lost a customer too.

It's a recession, don't you know. Cut your profit margins and retain your customers, best to have steady cash flow. You tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment